Download: Without Sanctuary: Lynching Photography in America PDF
The Tuskegee Institute records the lynching of 3,436 blacks between 1882 and 1950. This is probably a small percentage of these murders, which were seldom reported, and led to the creation of the NAACP in 1909, an organization dedicated to passing federal anti-lynching laws. Through all this terror and carnage someone — many times a professional photographer — carried a camera and took pictures of the events. These lynching photographs were often made into postcards and sold as souvenirs to the crowds in attendance. These images are some of photography’s most brutal, surviving to this day so that we may now look back on the terrorism unleashed on America’s African-American community and perhaps know our history and ourselves better. The almost one hundred images reproduced here are a testament to the camera’s ability to make us remember what we often choose to forget.
En Estrategia Creativa tenemos toda la información que necesitas sobre el mundo de digital y en especial para tus emprendimiento Si quieres seguir leyendo información útil ¡echa un vistazo a nuestros artículos!
- » Descargar: Libro Levanta Su Pasion – SARAH MONTERO PDF Gratis
- » Descargar: Offside Hearts (Love and Hockey #1) by Nikki Lawson PDF GRATIS
- » Descargar: Ana z dónde vas libro completo PDF – Marina Colasanti
- » Descargar: 100 momentos para recordar juntos – PDF GRATIS
- » Descargar: Orgullo y prejuicio – Tea Stilton PDF GRATIS